I’ve been blogging for almost a year now and I’m still just as excited about this digital space I’ve created as the day I hit ‘Publish’ for the first time. This year, I’m making a pretty solid list of the goals I have for #WalkTheTalkBlog to help me get and stay focused and most importantly, stay accountable. Here goes:
- Be Consistent – we’ve all heard the “consistency is key” saying, but really….CONSISTENCY IS KEY. I’m committing myself to posting Monday & Wednesday of every week!
- Be Intentional – always ask myself “what’s in it for my readers?” when I’m writing a post to make sure my audience is getting something valuable out of my content.
- Make Time – treat this blog as a business; make the time to plan my content, take photos, edit photos and proofread. The more organized I am the better content I’ll create.
- Educate Myself – when it comes to effective social media marketing, photography, videography, SEO and the tech side of blogging, I can’t say I’m the most knowledgeable person out there but I do know a lil somem somem and it’s time to put it to the test!
- Define my Brand – I don’t just want to be another blogger, I want to help people lead the best life they can lead by showcasing how I Walk The Talk and by helping my readers make sure they Walk The Talk as well no matter their circumstance.
If you’ve started a new hobby this year or a business, I highly recommend setting goals for it; reflect on what you’re trying to achieve and why, then you’ll be in a better position to know what steps you need to take to get where you want to be.
Stay tuned for my next post!